The person who wrote they worked at John Casablancas and supposedly heard and said the things they say in their reveiw was fired and is simply trying to take it out on the company. It is sad that a person can not perform their job and then blames the company and make up lies.

This person needs to take responsibility for their actions and move on with their life. John Casablancas is the most reputable name in the industry and has thousands of satisfied students and graduates throughout the world.

We all know former employees that get fired and rarly do they have anything nice to say about that company. Don't believe everything you hear or read, this company is great to its employees and students

Had an Experience with John Casablancas Modeling?

Comments

Fremont, Ohio, United States #1069000

exactly!!! I currently attend JC in Toledo Ohio and they seem perfectly fine and i hate how everyone tries to say its a scam when its not at all a freaking scam!! its a really nice place and even multiple Victorias Secret models started their career from JC soo..

to Haley Howey Columbus, Ohio, United States #1133694

Who are the Victoria Secret models?We live in Columbus, Ohio and I wish I would have read these reviews before I signed a contract for my daughter.

I received the same BS story that everyone else has gotten in there audition interview. Your child must take the classes and complete them before we can represent her. Registration fee of 470.00 before you can sign up to take the 20 classes - 1 class a week for 20 weeks. The cost of the classes are (2700.00).

When I take my daughter to her class once a week there is a long line of parents with their kids going through an audition interview. My daughter is still in grade school, so I have been sitting outside of there business for the whole 2 hours in the lobby waiting for her. During the two hours I watch these parents go in and come back outside calling their family telling them, their child has been accepted and they need to pay the 470.00 for the registration fee and 2700.00 for the classes. I feel like an *** because I believe this is a scam.

I hope it's not but the more parents I see doing the audition interview and then coming outside to call their families asking for money. I'm thinking to myself god, did I make the right decision? I just had an issue with them and the staff handle it very unprofessional, they were rude to me and twisted my words around and accused me of saying things I never said and doing things I never did.

As of 3/24, I have paid the 470.00 dollars and I'm paying for...

I teach at a JC...I have a Bachelors degree in the classes I teach there and much experience and expertise overall, and I am dedicated to teaching a great class-BUT most teachers there have no expertise, just students put into a teaching position and know as much as any student.So is it a scam?

Somewhat..it's expensive to enroll and if you get bad teachers it's not worth anything.

It's good for self improvement overall if you have good teachers but you likely won't become a model-I've only seen a couple people over the last 8 years get a modeling contract afterwards so it does occur but not often-just depends what you have to begin with-and yes they accept EVERYONE no matter what, afterall it is a for profit business.If you get dedicated teachers like myself it is worthwhile for personal improvement.

to Personal***sultant #1069004

I go to the one in Toledo and for me it is perfectly fine people say to not do it because you arent sopposed to pay agencies they pay you which is true but JC is a school first off so of course you have to pay for the classes just like you pay for regular schooling and after wards you get your moneys worth from all the jobs and runway shows you do.

Isigned up and i am confused wheather to keep goin because of these viws i am a busyness man and i don't need to waste money on these type of things

Omsk, Omsk, Russian Federation #192392

CMT Management/JLO West Commercial Talent Kids CRKids Talent

Defining Artists Fashion Institute of New Orleans Fashion On The Square

Freelance Make-up Artist KSA Los Angeles M Magazine

Milwaukee Home Magazine MP Management On Location Photography

Queen-O-Drama Productions RENEGADE Model Management SGT Makeup and Hair Artistry

Susan Nathe & Associates The Corsa Agency The Savage Agency-LA

Venture Marketing

Being from Los Angeles, we see tons of talent and showcases with children , young actors and (some older ones thrown in there too for good measure), all the time. After seeing Carmela's John Casablanca's well-trained talent in Chicago, I wonder where this dynamo has been all these years!-----literally, training the talent! They were a breath of fresh air for us, especially knowing that someone cares enough to do their very best! Those of us industry professionals REALLY do appreciate all the hard work that it takes to groom a new talent into a viable sellable commodity for the various facets of Sho-Business. Looking forward to seeing more of these young people here and on the screen! Thank you again, Jean and Kathy, Page Management, Los Angeles/SanFrancisco,...

I have had the pleasure of working with the graduates from John Casablancas in Hartford, CT. The models were wonderful. The men and women were very professional in every aspect. They are always early for their fittings, rehearsals, and for the shows. When there is not a make-up artist available, their makeup application is always flawless. When it comes down to actually choreographing the show, the models are always on point, knowing the proper turns, stances, and various walks. I have worked with models from various places from North Carolina to Boston producing fashion shows for charity events. Now I book models from JC Hartford because I know that whatever show I put on it will be a success.

I had the pleasure of attending John Casablancas Chicago and seeing their terrific talent. Their students are properly prepared, well-trained and possess the right skills, techniques and traits necessary to audition in this business. The energy, attitude and atmosphere of the school was wonderful. I always look forward to going back and discovering more fantastic actors and models.

We used five models for a couture bridal fashion show and could not have been more impressed! The models were polite, professional, energetic and gracious. Each model was in different stages with her training and experience, but they carried our designer gowns flawlessly. Maria and Lisa assisted me in cooridinating the perfect blend of models and were an absolute joy to work with. We look forward to pairing with JC again for future events...Thank you for everything!

I had the pleasure of attending a John Casablancas Chicago showcase this past weekend. I must say that I was more than impressed with the students training and professionalism. Carmela and the rest of the staff are incredibly passionate about their students and are a pleasure to work with. We are looking forward to coming back soon to meet new talent!!

I can honestly say that every actor I met at JC Chicago was outstanding. I could see that the JC classes had turned these actors into polished, confident and talented actors who have very bright futures in the entertainment industry and in life in general. Thank you to Carmela Lucarelli for her amazing organizational skills and for introducing us to this wonderful group of actors. I look forward to casting more of your students.

JC Chicago is an excellent resource for parents who find themselves with a talented child! If you and your child need guidance and creative direction for a career in the Arts -- or if you just want to polish your child and get them ready for the world, JC Chicago is a great place to be affiliated with!

John Casablancas Chicago brings talent to the table. The facility is fantastic, the staff is dedicated and the students are always well prepared; for acting AND for life."

I had the pleasure of attending a showcase last week at John Casablancas-Chicago and I must say that it was a rewarding experience. The kids were great, well prepared and totally focused on what they had to do. My callback list was quite long. And Carmela and her staff were very helpful and professional and they made a long day flow smoothly. My assistant and I felt totally welcome and at ease Thanks for a great time and I look forward to coming again. But not when it's cold, sleeting and gray! What's up with that?

As always the talent I saw last week in at the John Casablanca Chicago location was exceptional! Their students were well prepared and focused. Hats off to their instructors for providing top notch training. I look forward to seeing my call backs in Los Angeles. Most importanly I would like to thank the staff for giving me the opportunity to visit their school and look forward to returning!

I recently had the pleasure of visiting John Casablancas, Chicago. I was very impressed with the training the students had received. Their students were prepared and delivered excellent performance and audition skills. I saw great talent and look forward to having some of their students travel to Los Angeles to further explore this side of the business. Thank you again!

It was a pleasure working with the JC staff this past weekend. Thank you for allowing our kids to explore different careers within the fashion industry. Our students are still talking about the fabulous runway studio, and how much fun it was. I'd reccomend this company to anyone who's serious about getting in this buisness, they are experts! Tiffany

Our partnership with John Casablancas San Jose has been a great experience for our UnSung Diva! Production team. Our jobs producing our signature 'Fashion On The Square' event were made markedly improved by the diligent, tireless efforts of Dalena and her team. From advertising and hosting a local model call at their San Jose offices to serving as liaison with selected models and their families, they never hesitated to aid in any capacity. They are truly an invaluable resource. We look forward to continuing our partnership through model training and performance opportunities throughout the year.

I have been an instructor for John Casablancas in Detroit for many years. I truly believe in the methodology of the instruction. Each students walks away with confidence and beauty, inside and out. The classes allow the students to eching our students turn to explore their talents and improve themselves to a level of professionalism. They gain a better understanding of the industry and helps them to decide which career path is best for them. It is wonderful and rewarding to watch our students turn into a proud 'professional' and to be excited about the work, the lessons and their future. Each one of my students become an instant "STAR" in my eyes! I am their biggest fan! Join us, be a part of something special and be a part of a growing industry in Michigan!

Being a Makeup Artist instructor at John Casablanca’s Hartford for the past 5 years has allowed me to take the skills that I brought to the school to a higher level, which I might not have achieved on my own. As a result of my relationship with the professional and friendly staff I have become more effective as a teacher than I ever thought possible, and thus allowing me to achieve more and more of my goals. Through teaching I've begun to understand the difference and importance of being both an intellectual mentor and teaching from the heart, and the part each plays in being an effective instructor. I understand why caring about those who spend their hard earned money and time to advance themselves in the entertainment industry is such a critical factor in maintaining their trust and commitment. I've found that asking for input from my students and supervisors is a more effective technique than just dispensing information. I want to continue building on my skills as a teacher so I can continue to promote with confidence the students own professional and personal fulfillment. Sincerely Joby Rogers.

Awesome! That is the word to describe JC-Chicago. We are continually amazed with the professionalism of all of the JC actors. We have seen the JC actors at scouting weekends in Chicago, always totally prepared, always totally professional. We are impressed with their training. We have already discovered one young actor, Jonah Crosby. Jonah booked his first Los Angeles audition as an M.P. Management client, after CeCe Cline and Cassiopeia Productions auditioned him. This truly goes to show how tremendous the training is at JC. Carmela, Director of Education at JC, truly cares about her actors. One great school. One great director.

I worked at the JC Center in Fayetteville, Arkansas for Robin Smith for over 8 years. It was such an amazing experience!!! He really encouraged me to reach for my dreams and because of him I was able to travel the world working for Elite Model Management. I placed in the top 30 of the International Finals for the Elite Model Look in '97 in Nice France. After the contest I worked as a fashion model in New York, Tokyo and Milan. In between my travels I would come back to my home base and share my experiences with my students at JC-Fayetteville. I taught runway, hair and make-up, acting, and was the house fashion/beauty photographer. In '98 I worked for Elite Model Look, traveling around the northeast part of the country with Alex and Erin Lundgren from Elite and Roman, director of the New Faces division of Elite NY, guest-judging the contests and coordinating the runway. Also that year I worked with Roshumba and Spencer Michaels choreographing the runway for the Elite Model Look Launch Party in New York. I have shared the runway with the legendary Wayne Mackintosh and J. Alexander--the top runway coaches in the world and I've met so many other amazing people along the way. This I owe to Robin Smith of the JC Center of Fayetteville and the fantastic people at Elite-NY, Tokyo, and Milan. I now have two beautiful copper-headed boys ages 6 and 2 and have my own photography business called On Location Photography. I still shoot fashion, beauty, and actors headshots for Robin at John Casablancas. I have seen so many people completely transform from having taken the curriculum that John Casablancas has to offer. People truly come out with a great sense of self--a confidence that is strong and humble. They aquire the skills to be successful in the modeling and acting industry or whatever field it is they want to pursue. They develop a longing to set goals and realize they have the tools to achieve them. They come out with a professional attitude that will serve them for a lifetime.

Kelly and I had a very enjoyable and successful day at the John Casablancas in Chicago. Your students were prepared, looked darling, and for the most part had age appropriate pictures. Please thank your hard working staff for us!

Chicago's John Casablancas school has some great young developing talent. Many have a Chicago feel which is often appreciated when casting is specifically looking for that authentic essence in a role. Some just outright have the potential of the "It Factor". John Casablancas brings a large group of talent together to make my job of scouting talent much easier!

"I just loved meeting all of John Casablanca's students. I couldn't believe how many great kids we saw. They have a great eye and run a tight ship. Which we appreciate. I can't wait to go back to find my new stars!"

By far John Casablancas – Chicago, has some of the best young talent I have seen in a while. I am looking forward to seeing those wonderful actors, that I called back out here in my office real soon. In addition, I feel that it is necessary to make sure that I thank Carmela Lucarelli and her wonderful staff on making my visit very welcoming.Cheers!

Thanks for comming out to speak to the students of Carver High today. The presentaion on self confidence was a great benefit to not only the students, but to me as well. We look forward to seeing your staff next year, at our Career Fair

I was very impressed with my visit to John Casablanca's Chicago office. The staff really understands what it takes to prepare young talent to audition in front of industry guests. The kids I met with seemed to be having a blast and that's one of the most important things when it comes to child actors.

I have experience working with John Casablancas of Hartford, Connecticut. I find that the staff is out to make the students succeed! Everyone at the Center is wonderful and helpful. I have enjoyed working with the students and staff and would recommend the Center to anyone interested in the fashion industry!

My name is Carren McNeal, and I am a instructor with John Casablancas Modeling Agency here in Memphis. I can honestly say that I love my job. Greg is the best manager in the world. He is always very professional, he is articulate, so he can never be misunderstood, his high- enegy level is enormous, and he is such a pleasure to work with because he is such an effective manager that loves his employees and students. We have a wonderful team and we respect each others personalities and creative styles. I currently have three jobs, not including school. When I say I love coming to Casablancas, I love it and wish that I could be here all the time. How can I forget to mention the students. They are simply wonderful and at times they motivate me to be the best that I can be.

I worked years ago for JC In Columbus and to all the people that are reading this it is a wonderful place to go to learn about modeling and acting. I worked with Maria the current Mgr. and have to say that she knows what she is talking about. I worked as the Director of Education for many years there. I left working there to go and model in New York for about 5 years. You do learn a lot and its well worth the money that you pay.

Since working at John Casablancas I've seen models of all works of life, be it young child who has big dreams of becoming the next big thing or the experienced model who has many jobs under their belts. Watching the models grow is the best part of the job, knowing that I helped in that is great. I look forward to working with people who have dreams of becoming the next big thing.

I am writing this testimonial as a 14 year teacher for John Casablancas of Connecticut. Before that, I taught for a competitor from 1978-1982. The quality of the staff, teachers and curriculum surpasses the quality of any competition. Our students graduate with the tools necessary to be successful in the modelng industry whether it is TV, Runway, or Photography. This is a Center that cares!

It is soooo wonderful to be apart of the John Casablancas family. I graduated from the Female Modeling course at the JC Center in San Diego, CA. Shortly after that, I moved to Phoenix, AZ. I wanted to continue working in the industry & I am thankful I was blessed with a job as a modeling instructor at the JC Center in Scottsdale, AZ. Here I focus on runway & make-up, but working with our "future" (which are our students) is what excites me the most. Their energy, their hunger, their anxiety to learn about the industry is what makes me want to be the best instructor for them. When I was a student, I would look forward to my classes & what I would learn that day. I know these students do the same. It is my job to provide them with the best & most accurate information to get them prepared for this industry.........and it's the day of graduation where I see the results of that. It is a blessing to be a part of an organization that can change a persons life & change it for the better. I could work for John Casablancas forever!!! That's just how great they've been to me, and just how much they've changed my life........for the better! JOHN CASABLANCAS FOREVER!!!!!

John Casablancas has afforded me the opportunity to utilize my skills as a model, instructor and launched a career as a commercial acting coach. I have had many successful students who have achieved their dreams and goals through their experiences and training at our Center. Being with the agency for the past 20 years has brought me to a part in my life I never thought I could achieve. It has enlightened me as a woman to value my self worth. I owe a great deal to John Casablancas and the wonderful staff and instructors who have worked hard to keep J.C. of Hartford the #1 agency in the country.

I attended the John Casablanca Chicago school, scouting for new talent and had an excellent experience. The staff, headed by Carmela Lucarelli, was organized, friendly, and really cared about their students. The talent that I saw was very well-prepared and I e-mailed the school a list of my callbacks. Most of the callback students have already contacted me, which shows that the school is on top of things. Overall, I had a great trip and look forward to seeing the school again in the future.

We are trying to be cutting edge on the fashion. That's one part of the magazine that seems to stay popular no matter what. And having access to your excellent models always helps! I enjoy working with you! Kay Dahlke Editor, M Magazine

Thanks so much for arranging the models for our photo shoot - you made it easy, and they did a great job. Sincerely, Manya

I started taking classes at the Charlotte center in 1997 (when I was 23) and even though I am not exactly "Model Material" (I am 5"4' and curvy) I auditioned for and was cast in several runway shows right after my 4th week of classes. Up until and after the time I graduated I did a lot of promotional modeling and eventually was referred to another agency who was able to secure film, television and music video work for me. At the same time, I actually began to teach at the center as well. I was able to use all of the knowledge that I was taught, and the information I picked up from my work as a model and actor, to help my students. I taught everything from runway, camera techniques, make-up, etiquette, auditioning and resume building. And all of the work I have secured during and since my time at JC has been a direct result of the training I received. In 2001 I left the center for Australia and within a year I started to build my own acting classes and talent agency based on what I learned in Charlotte. I have shared my experiences and professionalism with all of my students (in the USA and Australia) and find that production companies much prefer to use someone with experience and/or training than someone who doesn't know what they are doing. Now this industry isn't for those who need to be spoon fed...you have to have ambition and a good work ethic. But, the investment in yourself is worth it if you use it to its full advantage. And you will find that you will use your training from JC in all aspects of your life, not just in the entertainment industry.

We have the pleasure of working with Tina Kiniry and her wonderful team at John Casablancas Connecticut. In recent years, we have scouted an exceptional and unique group of Men and Women. We look forward to finding more great faces, in the future. Nigel Director - Men + Women RENEGADE Model Mgmt.

I've had the opportunity to work with John Casablancas of Seattle I worked as a makeup/modeling/acting coach for almost a year. It was fun. I loved the students and it helped me realize my talent for makeup and now I own my own company! JC will help you utilize the skills you currently have, and use them to your advantage.

Although we have hired a number of exceptional young model talent from you, Rena went above and beyond our requirements and expectations to help propel Venture Marketing into the forefront of standout brokers at the Baraboo Sysco Food Show...I have no reservations on recommending her to any other prospective company as a professional and exceptionally attractive compliment to their product,service, or general business needs. Michael J. Binius Marketing Manager Venture Marketing

they are a huge rip off.after $5000 spent on a three month course once a week and notheing to show for it.

they are noting but a scam.DON'T BE FOOLED!!!!!!!

If a company is a scam... the government would have shut them down already. If a company is not legitimate, the BBB would not list them and not have any bad things to say about the company. In any situation, a person has an opinion and if if the outcome did not favor, the opinion will not be favorable.

Often times, people think that because they paid money for something... that they automatically get something in return. Let me ask, did you pay for college? Did you get a JOB right out of college? Today, there aren't many college graduates who get a job after paying $80,000 and OVER for school... was that school a scam?! I'm sure the student worked hard, got As and Bs... but there is never a guarantee with anything you do in life regardless of whether you pay $ for it or not.

If you didn't make it... then you weren't right for the business, and it is easier to say something is a scam than to admit you weren't chosen for the role, the commercial, the show, etc... Not everyone is made of this industry but many try and if and when they fail... they blame the system.

If this company is a scam, why have they existed for so long?

PS... I do not work for JC nor am I being paid to write this for the skeptics out there.

to Unbiased #1172972

They are listed poorly with The Better Business Bureau

#142086

:x :? idk what to say here i have an interview for 2 of my three kidsmay 16 2010.i reserched them on the bbb.org and seen no bad reviews.

so are they a scam or not??my kids are alreay smitten about the whold darn thing