I went for an audition in Coral Springs, FL in March 2008. They said they loved me .

They told me to come back the following day, Saturday. When I went back after speaking to the agent she told me that she needed a down payment of $189 and the following week another $189, then for the next 13 wks of cI would have to give them $90.

I told her I had no money she ask me to write a check, she was to call me before putting it through the Tues, she called didnt get me but still ran the check and now I owe collections for this check $212.

Comments

me too,don't know if i should go tomo to the second interview,they really happy to see me ,but i guess just wanna make me take those expensive classes with them,and they expect me to pay ,i'll tell em this,i am here to make money not to spend it.i know like they say if u wanna make money gotta spend money.but not this time,i know i am money maker,my face and body speaks for me,thought u guys real agency that hire ppl ,not school. u know what i'll go tomo but they not gonna get Penni from me ,i'll see what they about .

I agree with happy!! Find out the truth at johncasablancastestimonials dot com

Omsk, Omsk, Russian Federation #98252

Omsk, Omsk, Russian Federation #98242

Omsk, Omsk, Russian Federation #98241

Omsk, Omsk, Russian Federation #98240

find out the truth - www.johncasablancastestimonials.com

I used to work at John Casablancas as a booking agent I guess you could say. It is a SCAM.

I would go to booths that JC would set up at festivities and tell every child and adult that would believe me that they looked like a model and definately had potential to make it in the industry (we were told this was part of our job). Then, when working in the office we would call every single person that filled out interest forms there or online. We told everyone we remembered them and that they should consider coming to an audition. We actually had scripts telling them that they were great, that we had limited seating, and that a LA director was coming in to watch them (our "LA director" is just our manager who is in everyday).

We weren't allowed to say thank you or act like we were impressed because "we were doing them the favor." We tell people there is no rescheduling because we want to get our auditions as full as possible. We pack people in. Once I had to tell a pregnant mom she had to stand throughout the ENTIRE audition (about two hours long). I worked auditions by being in the room while children recite a line or two.

Most of the time we didn't even have the camera recording or we would record over it. We told people that there were only going to be 12 people chosen for the 2nd interview however we would call everyone back and schedule them at different times. only to sign them up for expensive classes.

When parents get upset, managers will yell at you, telling them you're missing an oppurtunity for your child and should be ashamed. DON'T FALL FOR THE JC SCAM!

Omsk, Omsk, Russian Federation #89680

I feel bad for the kids who try hard, but dont get the call backs, or have not recieved an agent signing, but if your family has the ability to afford the cost to get into the J.C. program, your child is willing to put forward the effort , and you dont expect things to happen in a week, it does work out for a lot of children. My child, after 3 months, is now signed with three agencies in Chicago, and these are agencies listed in ("The Book" actors guide to Chicago), not unknown, non SAG, agencies.

J.C. Oakbrook does pull in quality firms for auditions, which alone, is really worth the price. Think of the training as a bonus!

I cant speak for any other location then Chicago, but that location will give your child a step in the right direction.

Good luck to you and your children.

They also have a dumb girl in the front that 1, can't answer the phone, 2, can lie just like the rest of them (which is why they keep her) and 3, is so unprofessional it clearly makes you suspect the scam you are about to get into.

Rob the "Director" is just as bad of an ***. They are all rude and should be ashamed of themselves for praying on people.

I was alos there yesterday and was speaking with this one lady who was treated very unprofessionally because her child made a noise in the initial "sell part" of the presentation.

They should be closed down. If you have the connections or the power-- get to it!!! These people must be exposed!

This place is a scam...they are all scam artists and how they continue to operate and prey upon hard working people who just want their child given an opportunity amazes me. although some of us who are complaining are NOT clients, it's easy to see that the ones boosting this company are affiliated or paid by the company.

We were not taken for fools, simple as that.

I'd like to know who really owns this company and how they continue to operate. I think I want to report to the media as it was amazing to see how many people were in that room (first interview) and if they scored 2K off of half of them, how this is legal...investigative reporting, here I come!!!

Omsk, Omsk, Russian Federation #77116

It is funny how the complaints about JC Centers are people that couldn't afford getting their children started in it and aren't even clients.My child Connie is 9 years old and loves her classes at the Oakbrook Office. Everyone is very helpful and also my child landed an Agent in LA through this center.

So it makes no sense when someone writes about a company and aren't even clients.

And the negative complaints sound like parents that are looking to make money off of their child. Sad

Omsk, Omsk, Russian Federation #77113

John Casablanca is a great school, has amazing teachers, and has the highest percentage of successful graduates. I know a lot of people who have attended classes, and a lot of people (including myself) who use their services (hair / spa).

I find it both funny and sad that the majority of the people complaining have the same grade 2 grammar, major spelling mistakes (on easy words), and no valid argument. Do yourself/selves a favour and go back to school, learn how to actually read a contract, and stop *** about something that is completely untrue.

IF JC was a scam... would it really be around for so long, and would there be schools all over the place? I think not!!!

I too had a bad experience with jc in Oak Brook.My daughter also was one of the 12 chosen to come back for a second interview. However was also told that at that time I would need to make payment arrangements & pick either the "Hobby" or "Career" package.

Needless to say we blew off the 2nd interview. They even called two minutes before we were to be there & then 40 minutes after we were to be there. I figured making them wait was restitution for wasting 3 hours out of our lives with the first interview. I did give one last phone call to "Rob", telling him how he should be ashamed of himself for building up the dreams of little kids, just to make them come crashing down when they realize it is all a scam.

He proceded to tell me that I knew nothing about the industry & that he started modeling there when he was 14 & paid his way through high school. I asked if he received a degree in Bullshitting since he was very good at that.

And if he indeed modeled to pay for college, why on Gods green earth would he choose to work for such an unscrupulous company. I did waste a few hours of my life with the company however they did not and will not get a penny of my hard earned money.

wow after reading these comments i don't know if i should go to the audition i have tomorrow. I don't think my parents have the money to pay for all of that. But if i decided not to go to the audition is there another way i can make it for another one some other time.