Bolivar, Missouri

I went to John Casablancas in Tulsa, OK and was told that I would be perfect for runway. I am 5'10" tall thin and was told i have a great runway walk and was very photogenic. They made all these promises about how much i would learn and how many opportunities i had. The classes did not teach what was promised and i felt as if it was all a waste of time. Most of the time we just went over the same things about hair and makeup. On photoshoot days they barely spend time with each person. Photoshoots should take a couple hours and focus on the model and getting great shots. Instead, we had to basically direct ourselves and it went by way to fast and did not get enough shots in. Some of the teachers were rude and didnt know what they were even doing.

I later went to another modeling agency and they told me i was perfect for runway and that JC is a waste of time and they wished i never went there. They were right!

Now they are trying to scam my bf out of about $2000, and havent got me a single job since i graduated months ago.

Overall, waste of time and money. Go somewhere else!

Review about: John Casablancas Modeling Modeling Service.

Had an Experience with John Casablancas Modeling?

Comments

It's a complete scam

Katie_track518 - So if you went to a different modeling agency and it worked out for you, what was it called?

(I'd like to know)

Brook

JC is a SCAM!!!!

I have over 10 years experience over seas and in the U.S

I never payed up front. Real agents take a percentage of your check after you done your job.

My portfolio wasnt good enough but they looooved me so much till i said no to the "training" they were bugging me for a while and they finally gave up!

All of you paying for them are ***!

They gave you a couple of jobs a month?How much did you make? :grin

Get a manager and He/She will find you a job if you are pretty, talented or both!

GOOD LUCK GUYS!

JC is a SCAM!!!!

I have over 10 years experience over seas and in the U.S

All of you paying for them are ***!

They gave you a couple of jobs a month?How much did you make? :grin

GOOD LUCK GUYS!

i went to JC in Tulsa yesterday and i was so happy that they called me in first and gave me a callback.my callback appointment was just 30 minutes later so I went to go eat subways when another girl from JC came in with the same paper that I had to fill out.

then another girl came in to Baskin Robbins with the same paper. so basically all the girls thay went to the audition got a callback. at first i didnt want to believe that it was a scam until the man asked me that the fee was $2050! I noticed that alot of people made the callback and works in this company for training and only 1/4 became famous.

so theres no chance in getting famous or whatsoever.this was a waste of gas and time!

I wanted to let you know of my experience with this company.My son enjoys acting and has taken four years of theater in high school and elsewhere.

He simply enjoys being on stage and performing and dressing in costume and acting the part. After making an initial inquiry into the services of JC, the representative said nothing to us about this compaby being primarily a modeling agency. They were somewhat misleading. When we went to the appointment we were herded into one large room and lined up like cattle to get head shots done, and then they filed us in to a room with a runway, as if this was going to impress us.

I was not impressed. Then a representative came out and told a little about the company history with such an arrogance, rudeness and sense of entitlement. They carry themselves as if they are the elite of the elite, it was so awkward. As if to say, "Here is who we are, if you don't like it, well go suck an egg." It was a bit unprofessional and very unbecoming.

If you have a legit business or service then you can actually sell it by appealing to your customer. Anyway, my son was called back to my dismay and I supported him wholeheartdely. We showed up and still didn't fully know that this was a modeling "school". They had him fill out Questions and when we were seated with a representative she said she was going to address our questions and then that was it basically.

She was condescending his interest in theater, said you can make...

They were discredited. The representative talked the entire time, demanded informaiton, was shocked when we didn't have it (no one told us to bring in a resume)it was like, why are you here??? When we were invited to begin with. As if we were the ones who should apologize for wasting their time.

What a waste of my time! They all need to be taught restraint, and meekness and gentleness and general human pleasantry because they don't have those qualities. They all behave like the owner who thinks just because she has been in this business longer than anyone she knows that she is desearving of some self credit, and perhaps she is, but that doesn't come because you give it to yourself....you earn that. Everyone at JC needs a lesson in professionalism and selling.

If they were legitimate then their would not have to have YOU ask the questions, they would prove to you why you need them. My son just simply said, "I think it's time to go" because she wasn't really wanting to hear from him, she just wanted to hear herself talk. It was kind of humiliating for her, I think. I felt bad but then again I didn't.

I have a feeling she is still talkigng in her office right now because she never realized we just up and left.

Modeling is about looks and theater is so different.We want nothing to do with the vanity that comes with media.

mrsvw61607

Reading all these reviews, I've noticed several comments on almost every review saying "I've booked 4 jobs already." and "They aren't a scam.You just weren't good enough." I'm sure it's probably just the same *** little girl going through each review and posting the same comments using different names.

She probably works for the scammers and they pay her to waste away her life on here trying to stick up for them. Like the guy they hired to leave a comment saying he was a represenative for the company and to email him to resolve any issues. The only people who say good stuff about JC are the people that are paid to.

Otherwise, you never read about them in magazines, hear about them on tv, listen to a famous model talk about her career starting there.The only thing you hear about them is how they are a scam...not a good reputation to have.

its not a scam ppl are just pissed because the arnt worth the time or money to be placed in jobs i graduated from jc 5 years ago and i get a couple jobs a month

i went to the school in pittsburgh and ive had tons of jobs since i graduated also maybe you just wasnt good enough.....

actually no i am not a diva...but thanks for the uneducated judgment, very classy...anyways.

i'm just saying the tulsa campus is not a place i would recommend.

Other campuses may do better, but not theirs.i get tons of feedback from people i met there with great potential and skill and they were scammed as well.